Search This Blog

Sunday 15 November 2020

Vaccine? Not for me, thanks

Well, everyone seems to be hailing the imminent advent of a Covid vaccine. Everyone that is, except me. 

I'm not an "anti-vaxxer", individuals should do whatever they want, but there is no way on this earth I'll be having any such vaccine until it's undergone a hell of a lot more testing. I refuse to be an unpaid guinea pig for a drugs company.   

There's a reason it takes around 10 years to develop drugs and vaccines; it's the only way to establish what the long term effects may be. So if anyone thinks I'm being injected with something that's been around for five minutes, they're very much mistaken. Govt keeps trumpeting how safe it is, but if they're so sure of its safety why indemnify Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, etc. against lawsuits for damages? Just asking...

We're being given the sweetener that if we're good boys and girls and have the nice new shiny vaccine, we might... might... be able to hug our loved ones sometime next year....maybe. Naff off, Boris, and don't patronise me.

I saw that weasel Hancock on TV saying any vaccine will not be made compulsory but, like the rest of them in Westminster, he's a liar so I'll take it with a pinch of salt. They'll probably make it almost impossible to not have it by putting conditions on those who refuse. We'll see.

I'm so sick of this Covid business. I'm being eaten up with rage and resentment; I'm sure it's not good for me. Govt ministers are all running around like headless chickens when there's absolutely no need. I hope they never have a real crisis to deal with if this is the best they can do. Thank god there's not a war on.

Woke up this morning to rain absolutely hammering on the window - typical November weather. It then turned into brilliant sunshine and a cool breeze! I think the weather's confused and a bit tired and emotional, just like the rest of us.

Mr S-V has taken it into his head to give the hall a lick of paint so, while he was doing that this morning, I've been tidying up the freezer to make room for a few Christmas treats; I've already made some little Cheese and Onion Quiches and a batch of Not Sausage Rolls which are stashed safely in the frozen depths. Waitrose and Betty's can make the pudding, mince pies and cakes - there's a limit to how far my Christmas spirit will stretch this year... not very far at all, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment