Search This Blog

Thursday 5 November 2020

Here we go again... Round 2


                         Remember, remember the Fifth of November

                               Gunpowder, treason and plot 

                         I know of no reason

                               Why the Gunpowder Treason

                                        Should ever be forgot

Well, here we are... Lockdown 2.0, day 1 and Bonfire Night. Quite apt that both should fall on the same day; just a shame we don't have a modern day Guy Fawkes to hand who could sort out Parliament with a barrel or two of gunpowder...

Once again, we're all being prevented from seeing our friends and loved ones; we're effectively in prison even though we've done nothing wrong.

I am forbidden by British law from seeing my son. I know... it sounds utterly impossible, but that's where we are right now.

Truth be told, apart from not seeing the Troops, lockdown won't make a lot of difference to us - we've been nowhere much since the middle of March - but some poor souls are having to go through the pain, again, of having their livelihood whipped from under them. Quite how long the country can go on like this is anyone's guess. I dread to think of the state of people's mental health when this is all finally over... not that Boris or the NHS gives a toss.

Traffic volumes today are right down, it's a case of 'spot the car' - the only people out and about are delivery van drivers and lorry drivers.

Once again supermarkets are running out of certain items because stupid people insist on stockpiling stuff. Just what the hell are they doing with all those toilet rolls? Actually, no... don't bother, I'd rather not know!

Our usual dinner out before Christmas, euphemistically known as the "office party", is just one more thing in a long list that's cancelled this year. Our favourite restaurant emailed me today to say how sorry they are to have to close again, but they "...hope to welcome guests back before Christmas". I sincerely hope so too, but I have my doubts on two counts... will they still be in business and will we still be in lockdown?

My lovely neighbour texted me yesterday offering help with shopping if we need it during lockdown. How nice is that?

Regardless of all the Covid nonsense, we still have to make some sort of plan for Christmas; luckily I've managed to book a Waitrose slot for Sunday 20th. There may also be a small delivery from Bettys and perhaps a little something from Hotel Chocolat...!

No comments:

Post a Comment