Search This Blog

Saturday 12 September 2020

The Rule of Six

It's getting worse. As of Monday 14/9 we can once again only gather in a maximum group of six, indoors or out, same as it was a couple of months ago. The Rule of Six. Schools, offices, supermarkets, weddings and funerals are still all OK to carry on, though, because the virus is very clever and it knows not to go to those places... No, it's true. Trust me, I'm a doctor...

The new Rule of Six of course, has the added benefit for politicians of closing down any possibility of protest. They're not as stupid as they look... well, not where self-interest is concerned, they're not.

Incidentally, if you're baffled by the Rule of Six, this should make it a whole lot clearer. ;-)   

Chances are furlough will be extended, too, to avoid thousands of people being made unemployed on 1st November. Boris will do anything he can to avoid having to face up to the pig's ear he's made of this, even if it means making things worse. I fully expect we'll go back into lockdown at some point, too. I wouldn't put it past him.

It seems that just as there's the merest glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, Boris, in his jobsworth peaked-cap, comes along and snuffs it out. 

We need something big to happen, a major event, to give politicians something else to occupy them and wipe Covid from the news. Can't think what that might be for the moment, but it seems to be the only way out of the mess we're currently in.

Christmas is looming on the horizon; it may be three months away but folk are already getting very edgy about what they'll be 'allowed' to do. My opinion is, you should do what you damn-well like and ignore Govt diktat. Are Boris's Covid Marshals going to hammer on your front door while you're eating your Christmas dinner and demand to know how many are at your table? I'd like to see them try! They could get into the spirit of things and dress as Father Christmas, maybe give a chorus or two of "Ding Dong, Merrily on High"... could be quite festive!

I'm so brassed off with it all I've started doing all the bits of housework that I usually ignore, just to take my mind off all the crap... I took everything out of the fridge and cleaned it on Thursday, then I cleaned all the downstairs windows. I know... it's a worry. Things are that bad.

On a day-to-day level the situation is really getting harder to handle. I jokingly said some months ago they'd be putting Citalopram in the water supply... I'm actually at the point where I think it'd be a good idea! It's a good job I don't drink, I'd be an alcoholic by now.

I think I'll shut all the windows and have a blast of Led Zeppelin - always makes things feel a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment