Search This Blog

Saturday 5 September 2020

Still here, still angry

I've been seething all week about one thing or another and I'm still royally pissed off.

This whole virus debacle has left me feeling old and very much ignored. I've become invisible. Oh, there's plenty in the media about schoolchildren, people supposedly going back to the office and universities re-opening... but what about people like me?

There's a lot of us; retired, oldish but not decrepit, reasonably healthy and active for our age, law-abiding tax-payers who just want to get on with our lives... and no-one, not the media and certainly no politician, gives a toss.

Bastards.

You know what I think about masks. You'll understand then why I was apoplectic this week when I noticed a discarded mask hanging on the hedge opposite our house! I nearly burst into flames!! What the hell is wrong with people? Do they think it's OK to leave a trail of their filth behind them? There's a lot to be said for social distancing; it suits me just fine, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near these disgusting individuals. *shudder*

Then, on top of all the Covid crap and the BLM crowd still kneeling down at the drop of a hat, we have Extinction Rebellion making a damn nuisance of themselves again, this time blocking newspaper distribution amongst other things. Bless their naive little hearts, they think we can influence the climate... and blocking traffic, vandalising buildings and being a pain in the arse will miraculously change the climate how, exactly?

If they had two brain cells between them they'd be able to see how pointless their actions are - I think their main problem is they don't have enough to occupy them. Getting a job might be a good idea. As a side issue, most of them look like a bloody good wash wouldn't go amiss.

One potato, two potato...
Anyway... on to more important matters. The farmer was harvesting his spuds when we went round the field yesterday morning! Autumn is most definitely on the way.

Talking of harvesting, we've strung up all our onions in the shed and picked the last beetroots and tomatoes; given their unpromising start they've both done really well. Perhaps, next year, I'll be able to go to a garden centre for supplies (without wearing a bloody mask!) and not have to buy it all online.

I keep having to push my horizons further and further into the future, just to stay sane. Please don't let it still be like this at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment