Search This Blog

Monday 11 May 2020

I've been out...


... to a supermarket! Because I’m so sick of this bloody nonsense.

I believed all this crap at the beginning and I’m really cross with myself for going along with the disaster narrative we were fed.

They said it was deadly, it was really serious, we were on the edge of the abyss – the only way to save ourselves was by cowering at home. In the event of us falling off the edge into said abyss, the PPE clad ‘heroes’ in the NHS would collectively come riding in on white chargers to save us… or so we were led to believe.

It's not been quite like that, has it? In fact, it was bull.

The NHS has not been overwhelmed – mainly because it’s been almost closed down to non-Covid patients. Sadly, people suffering serious illness have been too frightened to go to a hospital or their GP, because they’ve been so brainwashed by the Stay Home message. Oh, and now we’re being exhorted to ‘Stay Alert’ – whatever the hell that’s supposed to mean!

It's a long old road out of this predicament but, if we don’t start moving towards some sort of normality soon, there may not be much to get back to! We can’t just sit around waiting for Covid to go away… it won’t. Viruses aren’t like that, so do we stay locked down forever?!

That’s why we did our bit towards getting back to a modified form of normal this morning; I shot round the shop buying milk, cheese, fruit and veg… oh, and a couple of buns; it would have been rude not to after they’d gone to the trouble of making them!

OK, so I didn’t climb Everest, but it was a start. I’ve sat here for 8 bloody weeks, but I am not having my life put completely on hold any longer for something that may never happen. It’ll be a while yet until I can hug my son and grandchildren (yeah, thanks Boris!) but I feel I’ve at least taken a couple of small steps.

Under the new rules I’m allowed to meet my son, outside and 2 metres apart, in the morning and Mr S-V can meet him in the afternoon, apparently! Sod right off. I will not allow the bloody Government to micromanage my life to that degree.

I am not frightened of Covid, but I’m scared to bloody death of having a breakdown if I don’t get some kind of control over my life.

You carry on cowering, Boris – I’m going out, matey.

No comments:

Post a Comment