Search This Blog

Thursday 28 May 2020

Angry...? Moi...?


Well, my mood hasn’t improved very much since my last post – I’ve been crying, furious and spitting nails for a few days. Does anyone in authority give a toss… in fact, does anyone at all (other than Mr S-V) give a toss? No.

So I’ll just bloody get on with it then.

Only one story has been dominating the news since last weekend – for what it's worth I think Dominic Cummings did one of two things… He drove to Durham because he needed childcare OR he drove to Durham because he thought the lockdown was pointless and unnecessary and he wanted to visit his parents.

Either way I don’t have any problem with it. Kudos to him for doing whatever the hell he wanted. The scum media are having a field day with it, but that says more about them than it does about him… and that’s the reason why they’re called ‘scum media’.

And breathe... 

Anyway... you still have to eat, even when you’re so brassed off you could scream.

straight out of the oven
I made an oven-baked frittata for lunch yesterday – been meaning to try it for a while.

I was afraid the eggy element might go a bit rubbery and I wasn’t at all convinced it’d work, but it did. Although thinking about it, I don’t know why I was worried, it’s just a quiche without the pastry. 

A decent quantity of roast veg (sweet potato, red peppers, red onions and a few stray mushrooms) a handful of broccoli florets, half a block of organic feta, six eggs whisked with half a tub of crème fraiche – it was easy and tasty and it didn’t look too bad. Nice with a few new potatoes and salad. Enough leftovers for today, too.

I’d like to say my mood will improve over the next few days but don’t hold your breath.

It’s my birthday on Sunday… a year older and still unable to hug the people I love. 

I may spontaneously combust.

Update:
Boris has had a rush of blood to the head. He has decreed that we are now allowed to have the family visit (only in groups of six, we must stay two metres apart and stay in the garden...ye gods!) Micromanagement much? Good luck with trying to enforce that one, matey.

Just how much control does he want over my life? Will the police arrive if my grandson comes into the house to use the loo?! Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment