Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 December 2021

Cheese and wine, anyone?

It was a business meeting... so they say. Yes, of course it was.

I've been to a lot of business meetings; never did anyone bring their wife and small baby, nor was cheese and wine ever on offer. On the contrary, drinking at work was a sackable offence.

But this one was definitely a business meeting and absolutely conducted within the rules. Yeah, right. Liars... bloody liars.

They're taking us for fools and then they have the effrontery to lie about it, as though it's not worth their time telling the truth to proles like us.

We won't have any new restrictions for now, Boris said last night, but he left the threat of future restrictions hanging in the air just to keep us on our toes.

New Year celebrations have already been cancelled in Manchester and London so I imagine he'll be on TV in a day or so, magnanimously "allowing" us to spend Christmas with our families but, for our own good, and to protect the bloody shambles that is the NHS, we'll have to wreck the economy, people's livelihoods and their mental and physical health yet again in the New Year. Rinse and repeat. Ad nauseum.

One day I'd like to see him and his cronies in the dock at The Hague for crimes against humanity. Yes, I know it won't happen but I can dream.

Quick question: While we're protecting the NHS, who's protecting us and our health? Just a little something to ponder.

Meanwhile, away from the Covid circus, I'm still having a family Christmas dinner for six. I think I'm pretty much up to speed on it all, just the last Waitrose delivery tomorrow and I'm done. After that, if there's anything we don't have... we'll just have to do without.

I have a rather fetching top to wear on the Big Day - the reindeer on the front is wearing glasses so, technically, I'll be wearing two pairs of specs...!

No comments:

Post a Comment