Search This Blog

Monday 27 December 2021

And that was that

Another Christmas over.

It's the day after Boxing Day - our traditional time to take the decorations down and return the house to its usual state... and that's exactly what we did this morning. So much quicker to get it all taken down than it is to put it up!

Most of the leftovers have been used up, just a few bits left in the freezer and some biscuits and treats to take us through to 2022... oh, and a piece of panettone for a bread and butter pudding tomorrow. I hate having loads of food hanging around into the New Year, I like to start with a clean slate (or even plate!). New beginnings and all that.

Javid says there'll be no new restrictions for England before the New Year. Wow! Could this be a small, long awaited, outbreak of common sense or is it the knowledge that they have absolutely no authority now that we all know about the Downing Street parties last year? 

Admittedly "...before the New Year" is leaving the door open for any future action but, for now, individuals and, more particularly, the hospitality industry can breathe a sigh of relief and crack on with all the New Year parties they'd planned. 

Wouldn't it be a really great start to 2022 if Boris grew a spine and came on TV to say we can all begin getting back to what we knew as normal? After all, wasn't that what was promised when they started the drive to get jabs into everyone?

It could happen but I won't hold my breath... 

Actually, I don't care what they say; we had our lovely Christmas with The Troops, so I'm happy. I'll decide at the time whether I'm willing to abide by anything else they try to bring in for the future but, as long as I can see my family, I'm bulletproof.

I did not appreciate the Govt text on Boxing day, though, "GET BOOSTED NOW"... it said. Bloody rude, I thought and a completely inappropriate day to do it and, yes, it was all in capitals. Don't shout at me, Javid, I don't react well to shouting and certainly not when it's coming from a jumped-up civil servant with an over-inflated idea of his own importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment