Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 November 2021

Don't threaten me

I see Sajid Javid is at it again with the veiled threats. "It's not too late to get your jab so we can get through winter and enjoy Christmas". 

Now look here Saj... you can say what you like matey, threaten me with anything. I don't care. I will be having Christmas with my family. Last year I did as I was told, it nearly broke me; I said I'd never do it again and I won't.  Neither he nor anyone else will ever again get to tell me who I can have at my house. Got that, Saj?

To make matters worse, as if the NHS isn't in a parlous enough state already, the jab will be compulsory for front-line staff from next April. Good luck with replacing all the staff who refuse. The way things are going, the hospital appt I'm waiting for will probably come along sometime in the next decade... or two.

Fun and games here yesterday morning and a word of warning if you have a Britannia cooker. 

The clock and timer on mine have an intermittent fault. If you're ever tempted to book a full "health check" alongside a repair on your Britannia... can I suggest you don't? It was a total waste of money and a complete rip-off. Having told them the problem the engineer arrived without the spare part which I had expressly requested he bring, thereby necessitating yet another visit, and the very expensive "health check" mainly seemed to involve turning the burners on and off and checking for gas emissions. 

£260 please... ker-ching! 30 minutes and he was gone - I was absolutely livid.

Bought some gorgeous big mushrooms in M&S - it's looking very much like stuffed mushrooms for dinner tonight. I'd better use up the last of the herbs from the garden for the couscous before the frost finishes them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment