Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 November 2021

COP26 - a complete con

I expect politicians to be liars and hypocrites but the circus going on in Scotland brings it to a whole new level.

Approx 25,000 people are needed to tell us what we all have to do to 'Save the Planet'. (Spoiler alert: it doesn't need saving). 25,000... and do you suppose they all walked, cycled, swam or skateboarded to Glasgow? No, of course not, they flew at great expense, scattering carbon in their wake like confetti.

More than 400 private jets flew into Glasgow and Edinburgh; many of them flew out again because the airports don't have enough room to park them all. As for cars... well, Biden alone has 20 vehicles in his motorcade.

I've never believed the whole "man-made global warming" malarkey - it's garbage. Of course the climate changes, it always has - human life wouldn't have survived if it hadn't. Because of these natural cycles of change, the human race will eventually die out when the climate becomes inhospitable to us. We're really not very important as a species - we're just parasites on the face of the Earth. Get used to it and get over yourselves. 

If I was ever to waver in my belief, I'd just have a look at what's been going on north of the border.

This is the 26th such conference. If anything had been achieved by the previous 25 there'd have been no need for this one, would there?

So, after this pantomime is over, will I be changing my behaviour to 'Save the Planet'? No... not one bloody jot.

I've been a vegetarian for 25 years, I've only had one child and I've taken two short-haul flights in the last 20 years. When all those clowns in Glasgow can say the same, then they can lecture me. Until such time... they can sod off!

It has served one purpose, though - it's kept Covid completely out of the news for the last two days. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment