Search This Blog

Thursday 27 January 2022

Masks, parties and cake

As of today masks are once again no longer legally required in England (hurray!)... unless you're on a plane, or the London Underground, or in a hospital, or a school corridor, or in Sainsbury's, Waitrose or John Lewis or in public places in Manchester etc. etc... in which case you do have to wear one! Oh, and don't forget your jabs and booster. Have you got that? Do try to keep up.

This is how we're supposed to "live with" Covid, apparently, now that it's turned into something no more serious than a cold. If it's a cold, I'll live with it the same way I have all my life. I don't need three jabs and a mask, thank you. 

Some will carry on draping their face with a piece of cloth as a badge of honour - "Look how responsible I am, such a paragon of virtue, I'm doing this for the greater good" - they'll also make very sure you know exactly how virtuous and public-spirited they are! Those people make me sick, but I do understand the view of others who are still scared, thanks to the relentless Govt propaganda, and if they want to be masked and jabbed... fine, their choice. But I don't and I won't.

"Partygate" rumbles on with no end in sight - we're still waiting for Sue Gray's report. I imagine Boris is twisting her arm to make him appear in the best possible light. 

The thing is... it's not about parties or blasted cake, it's about being decent and honest - a person who's fit to lead the country. Boris is not that person; he's a liar who made the laws and then broke the laws. "I was only there for 10 minutes" is no defence. 

Good decent people were prevented from seeing their dying loved ones, prevented from attending their child's birth, prevented from giving their Dad a hug in his care home, arrested and fined for having a coffee with friends in a park - so why did he think the law didn't apply to him? Game's up, Boris... it won't do; time to go, matey.

We saw the sun today for the first time in a week. The sky's been 50 shades of grey for days on end - a shot of sunlight makes everything look so much brighter and... wait for it! there's a snowdrop (just one!) open in the front garden. Not exactly a display just yet, but it's a start. A harbinger of spring.

I need sunlight and warmth - I need spring flowers and a cup of tea in the garden while Mr S-V wanders up and down with the mower. Soon... soon. Not long now.

No comments:

Post a Comment