Search This Blog

Monday 11 October 2021

I'm worried

No, not about Covid. I'm worried about people's compliance, their response to this madness.

If you go onto any chat forum, as I sometimes do, it seems that everyone is perfectly OK with being double (or even triple!) jabbed; OK with LFT testing if they're seeing their friends or family; OK with still wearing a mask and social distancing even though these are no longer mandated and OK with having NHS apps on their phones. They send off for tests and marvel at how easy and efficient it all is - they don't see anything wrong in this. They think it's normal... whereas I think they're insane.

And this is what worries me. How far will they go in their compliance? How onerous do the restrictions have to be before they question it? When do they say "No, I'm not doing this"?

I once said if people were told to stand on one leg and wear mismatched socks to combat Covid, they would. I'm still convinced of that....

Just look at the situation in Canada and Australia - they've ramped up the rules to the point where people are unable to work without being jabbed; they can't board a plane or a train. If that happens here will people still be compliant? Covid passes for large events and nightclubs are already in place in Wales - are they coming to England?

We're thankfully not as far down the road as the Canadians and Australians, but we soon will be if people here keep bowing down to all the "Covid-safe" drivel. It's the willingness to do as they're told by Boris that allows this nonsense to continue. No need to make a song and dance about it, but if they quietly started behaving normally Covid would rapidly become just another virus. Because, make no mistake, their behaviour right now is not normal and should never become so.

I despair, I really do.

On a brighter note, the lovely lady on the checkout in M&S this morning gave me a bunch of flowers. How nice was that? I had a browse of a few Christmas items - I'll start buying some bits and pieces soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment