Search This Blog

Thursday 30 September 2021

It's a madhouse

Is it just me, or has this entire country gone stark, staring, mad?

Our politicians are crap, the NHS is a bad joke, the combined forces of the Metropolitan police can't seem to stop a few unwashed idiots from blocking the M25, trying to refuel the car is a game of hunt the petrol, I'm told daily that supermarket shelves are empty and... the esteemed leader of Her Majesty's Opposition Party has stated this week that it's not right to say that only women have a cervix! Speaking as a woman... I've got news for him!

All this... and I haven't even mentioned Covid yet, which is pretty much dying on its feet as viruses do. The Govt won't let it lie down, though, they're still talking it up in order to frighten the public into compliance. The vaccine passport issue rumbles on; will they, won't they? My money's on them being in place if you want to go anywhere by next summer.

I feel I'm one of the few sane ones living in a madhouse.

It's enough to drive anyone to drink. Actually, it's a hell of a good job I don't drink - I probably wouldn't have been sober for much of the last 18 months. 

As a follow-up to the empty supermarket shelves stories, I received my usual weekly delivery from Waitrose this morning - I received everything I'd ordered. Shelves not quite as empty as we're told, then? Surely, the media couldn't be making a story out of nothing?

On the subject of food, I booked my Christmas delivery slot this morning! Waitrose, god bless 'em, gave me priority as a thank you for being a loyal customer. Let's hope we don't have a repeat of last year - the Christmas that never was. I'm warning you, Boris.

No comments:

Post a Comment