Search This Blog

Sunday 12 September 2021

Autumn leaves... and tennis

Well, it looks like the Govt has backed away from vaccine passports... for now. I don't believe they won't still bring them in, but they clearly feel the public needs to be softened up a bit more yet before they'll be accepted. I suspect another lockdown will do the trick... they'll say the only way to avoid more lockdowns is to bring in the passports. A dejected and demoralised public will say "Yes, we'll do anything to get us out of this". Job done.

It's quite obvious that they're trying to flog a very dead horse. No-one, apart from the Govt, seems much interested in Covid any more. 

People are fatigued and sick of the constant doom and gloom peddled by those with the power to do so. Inertia and boredom has set in, as it does with most things, so MPs keep popping up and changing the rules to keep people on their toes. Just go away, you lying shysters... we can see right through you.

Summer seems to be drawing to a close - the brief flurry of warm sunny days we've had recently has subsided into cooler greyness. The nights are drawing in and we're into the season of misty mornings, we already have a few fallen leaves in the garden and seed pods are dropping off the copper beech; I can feel winter just around the corner. We'll soon be back to stews, casseroles and soup. Lovely stuff!

Tennis. I love it, as I've said before, but I've rarely watched women play since Steffi Graf retired. Last night we sat down to watch the new darling of the courts... an 18-year-old British qualifier in only her second Grand slam. 

Emma Raducanu. WOW! What else can I say?

I've been a tennis fan since I was a child, I used to run home from primary school to watch Wimbledon (in black and white!) on TV. I thought I'd seen it all but never have I seen anything like last night's match. I was yelling at the TV like a woman possessed!

Emma was astonishing; confident, gutsy, and absolutely fearless. It was a joy to watch her win and it'll be interesting to see how she progresses from this. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment