Search This Blog

Saturday 30 October 2021

Jabs, GPs... and Dinner

I'm not a woman who is generally lost for words but this headline a couple of days ago managed to leave me floundering.

"Double jabbed people are catching Covid and passing it on to those they live with"...! 

So what's the point of having the bloody stuff, then? Why on earth are they still falling for this crap? 

How can people be double jabbed and having 'boosters' (they're not actually boosters btw, they're another dose of the same jab that didn't work the first two times!) and yet they're still frightened of catching Covid, still masked up and still avoiding crowded places?!

Unless folk start to think for themselves it'll go on forever.

I had another experience of our 'wonderful' NHS yesterday. I had a face-to-face appt with Dr Z (oooh, lucky me!) I turned up at the right time... no Dr Z. "He's not in today but we've put you in to see Dr A". Not a phone call to ask me if I minded or if I'd like to re-book, just that attitude from the receptionist that I was damned lucky to be seen by anyone at all! 

Unsurprisingly, I said "No, thank you" and came home after a completely wasted journey. Will I see Dr Z at some point? Who knows... who cares? Well, certainly not the ill-mannered Rottweiler on reception, that's for sure. 

I sometimes wonder if they go on special training courses to teach them how to treat patients with complete disdain, while managing to stay just the right side of out-and-out rudeness. It's a skill few people have; GP receptionists have it in spades....

Having made some Butternut and Carrot soup last week, I still had half a large squash looking for a home. Thought I might have a go at this Gratin recipe for dinner today. I'll post a pic if it looks presentable!

Well, here it is... tonight's dinner as mentioned above. It was really tasty, I recommend it, definitely one to make again.

I made a couple of changes; I really don't like kale - horrible chewy stuff - so I replaced it with chopped leeks which I roasted with the squash... and I cut the recipe down by about two thirds for just the two of us. If four people were going to eat the original dish, I can only say they must have gigantic appetites!

Apropos of nothing, I absolutely hate that white baking dish but it's the only one I have that works for two servings - I curse the day I decided not to buy a beautiful discontinued Le Creuset dish in last year's sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment