Search This Blog

Monday 21 June 2021

The longest day

21st June, the longest day and the Summer Solstice... and the central heating is on! 

It's cold, it's raining, and my hands were blue when I came out of M&S this morning. I think someone has turned Summer off at the mains; I wish they'd turn it back on again. 

Having picked a few strawberries last week, they seem to have gone into hibernation until the weather improves. I can't say I blame them. Instead of salads and summer fruits we're back on things like pasta bake and cauli cheese - it feels like October!

As well as being the longest day, today was also meant to be "Freedom Day" until Boris had an attack of the vapours and postponed it by four weeks. There's no guarantee, of course, that it'll actually take place on July 19th, but at least it gives him a month to think of some spurious reasons (aka... lies) why we have to extend the delay even further. 

He says things are "...looking good" for July 19th to be the "terminus point" for restrictions, but he's a proven liar so nothing he says carries much weight. He's also warning of a "rough winter" ahead, which sounds to me like he's already planning the next full lockdown. You can read him like a book...

Hopeless Hancock is planning for booster jabs in the autumn. I'm sure he'd add it to the water supply if he could. I must say, that jab sounds a bit weak and feeble to me if it needs a booster every six months.  As I said months ago, this hasn't been properly thought through or properly tested. People are still being treated like lab rats. 

It's almost impossible to see a GP for day-to-day illnesses already - if they have to keep administering boosters there'll be no chance of seeing one this side of the next millennium! For god's sake, don't get ill - you'll be on your own.

As of tomorrow we'll be heading inexorably into the shorter days of winter - I wonder if we'll be 'allowed' to have Christmas this year? I'm only asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment