Search This Blog

Sunday 13 June 2021

Summer, smells and sport

Lovely weather yesterday and today - it feels like a proper English summer. Warm, but not hot; breezy, but not enough to blow your sunhat off. 

Took a walk round the lotties and the farmer's field yesterday - he's growing oats again! 

I like the summer, little things like having the kitchen door open and being able to wander in and out for a few chives or a sprig of rosemary, picking a few strawberries or a handful of tomatoes for a salad and just feeling the breeze blowing in. 

The downside of summer, of course, is that it does tempt people to bring out their barbecues again. If the smell outside is anything to go by, cremated slabs of dead animal have appeared on many a dinner table this weekend. Nice... if you like that sort of thing. Yuk! If I had my way barbecues would be banned - they stink and they're anti-social.

News media is forecasting that Boris will be delaying the 'big reopening' by four weeks... damn and blast him. I think we all knew it was never going to happen - he's clinging on to that last shred of power for grim death. 

Strange though, that this 'deadly' virus is supposed to be so contagious, so dangerous that we all have to wear masks, stay socially distanced and have a double jab... but in Carbis Bay in Cornwall, where the G7 leaders are having a bit of a jolly at our expense, there's no need for any of those pesky, tiresome restrictions. Maybe Covid hasn't found its way over the Tamar... or maybe the whole thing has been nonsense from the very beginning, just a particularly nasty flu virus which never needed all the hoo-ha we've had surrounding it? Well, wash my mouth out!

England start their Euro 2020/2021 campaign today - I'd like to watch it, I've been a football fan for as long as I can remember, but I won't watch while they're indulging in this 'taking a knee' virtue-signalling crap. Being called a racist by Gareth Southgate because I disagree with bringing politics into sport is the last straw. I'll be rooting for any team we're playing against - I hope England lose every match.

Well, sadly, England won and so did Djokovic in the French Open - not what I wanted in either case but, as Mick Jagger sang, "You can't always get what you want".

No comments:

Post a Comment