Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 June 2021

Four more weeks... maybe

So, here we are. Another four weeks before the country opens up. 

Well, that's what Boris said on Monday... of course, there's a good chance he'll have invented a new variant by July 19th and we'll have another delay. Rinse and repeat. Ad nauseum.

If only we had someone in charge with balls and a backbone; someone who is aware of the damage he's doing; someone who isn't scared to say to the 'scientists', "No, enough is enough. I will not carry on dangling people on a string like this. We open up now".

Deaths are in single figures; as I've said before, how low does he want them to go? He's still worried about the NHS being overwhelmed, for god's sake. I am heartily sick of being made to live my life like this in order to protect a failing Public Service which, in fact, is offering no service at all unless you happen to have Covid. 

Anyone would think the NHS was a sacred cow that needs to be kept in a glass case, pristine and pure. It isn't. It's an outrageously expensive publicly funded service which isn't fit for purpose; a 'health' service which infected thousands of people with Covid who were in hospital with other unrelated conditions. They're keeping that one quiet, unsurprisingly.

No amount of "protecting" the NHS will improve it - it should have been ditched years ago. They still peddle the lie about it being "The envy of the world"! Yeah right! I'd say the rest of the world looks at the NHS and cringes at how bad it is.

We've cancelled the lunch reservation we made for our anniversary at the end of this month - it was a little beacon of light on the horizon, something to look forward to, but not now. Not when masks and social distancing are still in place, when I have to have the NHS app on my phone, when they want to take my temperature before I'm shown to a table and when I can't see the face of the waiter.

One day I will go out to lunch, I'll see my lovely physio about my dodgy knees, I'll go away for a weekend and I'll go to the jewellers to get my eternity ring fixed. One day. If I haven't died of fury before that day arrives...

In better news, we had breakfast in the garden this morning and then picked the first of this year's strawberries... all three of them! I'm hoping for enough of a crop to enable me to make a couple of jars of jam like last year, but three is a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment