Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 May 2021

May the fourth (be with you!)

We've just had a Bank Holiday weekend and our four lovely Troops came here on Sunday. Under the restrictions we were supposed to be outside and socially distanced. Were we? Well, what do you think? I've said it before, I'll say it again... My house, my rules.

The news is full of what we'll be 'allowed' to do when the restrictions change on May 17th. Even after more than a year, I'm still gobsmacked by the notion that a British Govt can tell people what they are 'allowed' to do when they see their friends and family in their own home. It is so far removed from the role of Govt as to be unbelievable. Maybe Boris and his henchmen would be happier in North Korea?

Assorted MPs are laying the ground for some of the restrictions to continue. It doesn't matter how many people have the so-called vaccine, or how low cases and deaths go (just one yesterday and three today), they'll keep us under the State thumb for as long as possible... with dire warnings of what 'could' happen if we behave like normal human beings. I despise him.

Went for a walk yesterday morning; the lotties are a hive of activity as everything is waking up after the winter. Plenty of digging and seed-sowing going on. Weather's still not great but at least we had some much-needed rain later in the day, the garden has been desperate for it. The weather woman on TV said April had been the driest ever recorded, and from the look of our grass I can well believe it!

Wild excitement here - we've booked a table for lunch at our favourite restaurant for the end of June! There's only one caveat... I'm not going if any of the restrictions are still in place. So that's no masks, no social distancing, no taking our temperature before entry and no Track and Trace. That's a lot to ask, but Boris said it would all come to an end on June 21st. Yes, I know he was probably lying but, just in case he wasn't, the table is booked. 

Should I have a bet on whether we actually go...?

Just think... if all restrictions are lifted and we can get back to our old lives, I can stop sitting here talking to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment