Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 December 2020

December 1st

1st of December... time to start opening my Advent calendar! Not chocolate, just little pictures. I'm very old-fashioned about these things..

I bought the pudding teapot from Next - I thought it was cute. Do I need it? No, I never use a teapot, but it's cheerful and it made me smile. I need as many smiles as I can get right now. Might put the outside lights up later on, that'll make me smile too.

Sunny but flippin' freezing this morning and Ken Bruce is on Radio 2 playing wall-to-wall Christmas music. All join in - sing along!

Disappointed, but not surprised, to see a sizeable number of people online parading their virtue (and gullibility) by making snarky comments about those who plan to see their family at Christmas. Saying stuff like "People are selfish, they should stay at home for the greater good, blah, blah, blah... They just have to give up their Christmas for one year - the two of us will be safely staying at home blah, blah... People should have a Zoom party like us, you can't be too careful" etc. etc. Oh, give it a rest!

What they really mean is "Look at us; aren't we wonderful? Just look at the sacrifices we're making - we're so superior to you; look how community spirited we are". 

Actually, I think they're all gullible and brainless and, furthermore, they're mistaking me for someone who gives a toss about the greater good... I've been told by Boris I can see The Troops, so I am, and I'll bloody love every second! So, sod off and take your hairshirt and your fake virtue with you.

Where was I? Oh yes... December 1st, the start of Christmas. 

Now that December's here my once-a-year treat made an appearance this morning - Belazu marinated figs - they're addictive, which is why I only buy them once a year as a Christmas treat. I love porridge and those little figs take it to another level!

Is it too early to start playing Christmas music? I do like a Christmas tune, even carols, although I've never willingly set foot in a church in my entire life. Might have to have a trawl through YouTube. Still a bit early for indoor decorations, though. Next week maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment