Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 December 2020

Brexit, Covid and Christmas

Covid has been knocked off the main headlines by Brexit. The very same Brexit that we voted for in 20-bloody-16! If the Govt had wanted to they could have had it done and dusted within three months but, because they never wanted it to happen, they've done everything they possibly can to avoid us getting out of the rancid, self-serving cesspit of the EU. We'll never be free of it, the bloody politicians will make sure of that.

Boris is off to Brussels this week, presumably to reassure the EU... "Don't worry, we're not really leaving, this is all just smoke and mirrors to appease the British public".

I've noticed people recently saying they've started hoarding household and food essentials for when (or, more likely, if) Brexit happens - you'd think the world was going to end! What a load of hand-wringing bedwetters they are - grow up, you fools! How do they think we managed to find anything to eat before we had the massed ranks of overpaid, unelected EU bureaucrats giving us the benefit of their wisdom...?!

It's actually a relief to see headlines about anything other than Covid - I'm almost unable to even think about it any more - it makes me so angry what the Govt is doing to this country. I'm in a constant state of simmering rage and resentment and I don't imagine I'm the only one, either. 

Oh, and Matt Hancock blubbing and the nice picture of the first elderly lady to receive the vaccine makes no difference to me; I'm not having it, they can still shove their crappy vaccine where the sun don't shine until I can see the long-term data.

With so much stress around right now - and the smallest event assuming the proportions of Mount Everest - I very nearly murdered Mr S-V at the weekend! He accidentally managed cut through the cable of the lights on our little outdoor Christmas tree (don't ask...!) He's still standing though, and the situation was salvaged by draping another set of lights around the tree which looks as good as new... so long as you don't examine it too closely. Murder averted. Temporarily.

In a concerted effort to ignore Covid the Christmas cards are all written, ready for posting, and we've now started putting up the indoor decorations. We'll probably do the tree tomorrow. It's nice to see things starting to look festive but I can't stand it for too long - it comes down the day after Boxing Day, or even Boxing Day itself! I'm champing at the bit by then to get my house back to normal.

Had some Waitrose stollen today - it was a delight! Cake to marzipan ratio was just right. Highly recommended. Also managed to get my mitts on one of their panettone; can't wait to sample it, but I must save enough for a panettone bread and butter pudding - that's the best bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment