Search This Blog

Monday 21 December 2020

Absolutely broken

We drove to our son's this morning; car loaded up with presents, and food from yesterday's delivery that we can't possibly use just for the two of us. Left everything at their front door, waved to the grandchildren through the window, and drove straight home. It broke me... I never want to do anything like that again for the rest of my life. We barely exchanged a word on the way home... neither of us could speak.

Why did we do this? Well, not because I'm scared of catching Covid, I'm not, but because it's the law and I refuse to let our son break the law to come to us on Christmas Eve. Also, our grandchildren have to see people (us and their parents) adhering to the law even though though this particular one is unnecessary and pointless. Children need to know that you can't pick and choose which laws to abide by.

Yes... I know that, strictly speaking, we shouldn't even have delivered the pressies but we were doing the exact same thing delivery drivers have been doing since this whole debacle began. So clap me in irons, I don't much care.

It'll be Christmas for just the two of us with some nice food, a few presents... and a lot of tears on Skype, I suspect.

I've never believed in Heaven or Hell, they're just fairy stories for the stupid, but if by some freak chance there is a Hell I'd like Boris and his mates from SAGE to burn there for all eternity. Bastards, all of them.

I just want Christmas to be over - even in a good year it's a really charged and emotional time. This year it's almost more than I can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment