Search This Blog

Sunday 4 July 2021

Sunday, bloody Sunday

It's Sunday. MPs love Sundays, it means they can go on Andrew Marr's show and sound like they know what they're talking about... even though they don't. Today's nonsense was all about keeping us dangling regarding the restrictions; will we still have to social-distance and wear masks or will we finally be allowed to act like adults and exercise personal choice? Tune in next week, children, to hear what Uncle Boris has to say.

They can't see the stupidity of all this and they're still trying to have it both ways. If the vaccine works, why do we need masks and distancing - if the masks and distancing work, why do we need vaccines? It's a conundrum for them and clearly one which they're not going to address. 

The other main news today is football related. I like football, I've been a fan for as long as I can remember - in my youth I stood on the terraces with my Dad watching West Ham (standing...those were the days!) - but the current euphoria over England reaching the semi-finals of the delayed Euro 2020 leaves me stone cold. I haven't watched a single match involving England.

Why? Well, it's because of this 'taking the knee' malarkey. I don't care what teams from other countries do but I find it offensive to see people wearing an England shirt, representing this country, making a political point. If you want to be a politician, get yourself elected and become an MP. A football pitch is no place for politics.

I'll be hoping our team of virtue-signalling, millionaire hypocrites get knocked out when they play again on Wednesday. Come on, Denmark!

In gardening news, our strawberries have sadly failed us this year - it's just not been the right weather... too cold and wet at the wrong times. We've had some... well, a few, to eat with yogurt and meringues, but there won't be anywhere near enough for jam. Looks like I'll be buying in supplies if I want to get the jam pan out. I also think our plum trees may fall short this year; again... it's the blasted weather.

On the other hand - the rhubarb is still growing like crazy and the beetroots and onions are looking great. I could always make chutney instead of jam, I suppose?

No comments:

Post a Comment