Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 January 2021

Not a great week

It will get better. The sun will come out again... figuratively and literally.

One day... I'll stop worrying that it's bad news about family every time my phone rings; if I go out I won't feel I'm being 'allowed' to; I'll walk round Waitrose and complain about "People and their bloody trolleys!" just like I used to; we'll go for a picnic; we'll celebrate our anniversary, birthdays and Christmas; we'll go away on holiday and walk in the sun; we'll go to the garden centre and buy another apple tree and... most important of all, my four lovely Troops will come here - I'll hug them, we'll have lunch at the kitchen table and, if it's an Airshow day, we'll sit in the garden, watch the Red Arrows roar overhead and eat cake. One day.

Simple pleasures, but ones that we're denied at the moment. These things will happen again, but when? 

If I felt I could trust those in charge I wouldn't feel quite so despondent and powerless - but sadly, I can't. The people who got us into this mess are not equipped to get us out - they have no plan and no clue. We're being pushed around like chess pieces by politicians who refuse to even acknowledge the adverse human effects of lockdown. They're only interested in themselves... oh, and saving their 'wonderful' NHS, of course.

We've apparently gone above 100,000 people dead now with Covid. Awful, absolutely awful, but I firmly believe it's been made worse by having people at the helm who are completely incompetent. 

No amount of "Mea Culpa" from sad-faced Boris yesterday can disguise the complete shambles they've made of it. His saying "We'll learn the lessons and prepare for any future pandemics" did not fill me with confidence. They clearly weren't ready for this one despite PHE being set up to plan for just such a situation. Learn lessons? If only...

People increasingly think the vaccine is the answer - I hope they're right, I really do, but I fear not. The vaccines currently being given don't sound like any I've ever had. After vaccination people will still have to adhere to all the restrictions of lockdown, still have to wear a mask and still practice social distancing... so what's the point of it? On the Govt's own website it says "We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk." That's not a vaccine... I don't know what it is, but it's not a vaccine.

No comments:

Post a Comment