Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 July 2020

Hair today


My hair has finally been cut for the first time in more than four months! Yippee! It looks lovely, you say…? Oh, you’re too kind… but thank you for mentioning it!

Now that we can have a hairdresser within inches of us, I wonder how long it’ll be before Boris grows a pair and says we’re ‘allowed’ to hug our adult children and grandchildren? Difficult, though, for him to relinquish some of the power and control he’s had recently – for polticians, it’s the stuff of which dreams are made!

I can live without shops and restaurants with their social distancing and bloody hand gel, I don’t give a toss about gyms and swimming pools still being closed and (sorry, nail bars) I’ve never had a manicure in my life… all I want is to hug my loved ones without feeling that I’m being delinquent. Nothing else. Doesn’t seem much to ask, does it?

The rates of deaths and infection continue to decline – it really isn’t bad enough to continue keeping the entire country living under a poorly thought out set of petty rules and regulations. Economically, this country is dying on its feet – it’s not Covid-19 that’s doing it, it’s our spineless politicians.

TV Sport is off the agenda chez nous for the time being. Footballers, tennis players and, last Sunday, Formula 1 drivers (with six decent, honourable exceptions) all down on one knee. (Update 9.7.20: Dear god, the bloody cricketers were at it as well, yesterday).

I don’t expect to see politicians playing professional sport and I don’t expect to see professional sportsmen making political points. I certainly don’t want to be patronised by Lewis Hamilton telling me I ‘have a lack of understanding of racism’… I understand only too well, thank you. Come back to me when you’ve grown up and sorted out what’s going on in your head, Lewis.

They can do as they please, though, and so can I... While this nonsense is going on, I won’t have anything to do with televised sport. Thing is, it’s all temporary; give it a few weeks, maybe a couple of months, and it’ll all blow over until the next fashionable cause comes along. And it will… it always does. Sheeple love a ‘cause’.

Shopping news: We’re off to pick up an eagerly awaited ‘click and collect’ tomorrow. Compost! My life is one long round of glamour, excitement and fun...!

No comments:

Post a Comment