Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 July 2020

Bye bye, shopping


As expected… Boris has made it compulsory to wear masks in shops from next week. He clearly wants to keep us all under control for a bit longer. Oh well, that’s shopping off the menu for me for the foreseeable. As previously stated, I will NOT wear a mask.

I mentioned on Twitter a couple of days ago that I’d be staying at home if Boris mandated masks. Well, blimey, that was it… they went up like a rocket! I was called every name under the sun for exercising my right not to go out rather than wear a bloody mask. Apparently, I’m selfish, stupid, childish and a few other things besides… furthermore, I am personally to be held responsible for the demise of the High St simply by having the temerity to stay in my own home! Who knew I had such power?!!

I know some shops are struggling to stay afloat and I’m sure it’s hard for them but, quite frankly, I'm not interested. It’s not my fault, so don’t tell me… tell Boris; he’s the one wrecking the economy and ruining the livelihoods of decent people, not me. I’m happy to go out and spend, but not if I have to dress up like a bank robber.

There has been talk of the death of the High St for a few years now – looks like that's going to happen more quickly than anyone thought. I can’t think why he’d want it but, if that’s what Boris wants, that’s what he’ll get.

I’ve given up a hell of a lot in the name of this damn virus… I refuse to give more ground. We saw the family at the weekend… socially distanced and, yet again, no hugs. It’s hard to articulate just how much I miss hugging my son and grandchildren, how painful it is. It brings me to tears just thinking about it. Boris has forced behaviours upon us that, only six months ago, we couldn’t have imagined. Stuff your masks. Bastards.

At the start of all this, when I began rambling on here again, I was angry. I’m way past angry now – I'm a permanent seething mass of fury. It’s probably best to stay out of my way.

I really didn’t think I’d still be sitting here four months on, still talking to myself and spitting with fury.

I wonder how much longer it’ll be?

No comments:

Post a Comment