Search This Blog

Monday 22 June 2020

Anybody want to buy a TV?


I’m seriously thinking of putting the TV on Ebay.

I’m sick of left-wing media propaganda, I’ve had enough of overpaid footballers ‘taking a knee’ (do they all have something wrong with their legs?), I can’t bear another pack of lies from politicians and, if I hear one more Govt advert exhorting me to Stay Alert, I won’t be responsible for my actions….!

I actually have to pay for that crap and I’ve had it with them – they can do what they damn well like but I don’t have to watch it or pay for it.

Apparently, the Covid-19 alert level has been lowered to Level 3, which means it’s considered to be "in general circulation" and there could be a "gradual relaxation of restrictions". Right, well let’s all get back to normal asap and stop this bloody nonsense.

If you’re still afraid of contracting Covid just wash your hands more often (why do people even need to be told?!) and wear a mask in public places if you want to (I don’t) – other than that, life could return to normal. Well, it could if politicians weren’t so reluctant to relinquish control. This is all about face-saving and arse-covering for them – we’re just the innocent pawns in it all.

There’s fewer than 1 in 1000 people with Covid right now, cases and deaths are still falling; our natural immunity has built up to the point where I’m more likely to be the next Pope than I am to contract Covid.

Boris is allegedly going to reduce the two-metre rule this week and possibly allow pubs and restaurants to open under certain as yet unspecified conditions. This is not good enough.

Open up the country, get everyone back to work and school and MOVE ON!

Aaand...... breathe!!

We’ve finally had rain… lots of it! If you listen carefully you can hear the plants and grass slurping it up! It’s been drier than the Sahara here for the last couple of weeks – so lovely to see some rain.

We’re picking strawberries at a faster rate than we can eat them! Not that I’m complaining – it’s such a short season, we don’t have time to get fed up with them.

Warm weather to come this week, apparently - salads and strawberries will be the order of the day, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment