Search This Blog

Friday 1 May 2020

May Day


Mayday…mayday!

No, you’re alright, I don’t have an imminent emergency here – but it's May the first. Small children dancing round Maypoles on village greens, crowning the Queen of the May and all that. Yep, not happening is it?

Put in an order to our lovely farm shop yesterday – had a ride out this morning to collect it and gave the car a run into the bargain. We came back with a box of delights – asparagus, tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, apples, bananas, organic eggs, crème fraiche and… stand by, I’m going to use the ‘F’ word….they had flour!! I am now the proud owner of a bag of white bread flour and another bag of plain flour for biscuits, scones etc. What a find!

Seems like every man and his dog is recording a charity single for the NHS; Queen, James Blunt and now we have Amanda Holden strangling to death Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Bloody hell – as if people aren’t feeling bad enough, she’s determined to make them feel worse. Yes, thanks Amanda love, don’t ring us… we’ll ring you.

The NHS will soon have more money at its disposal than the GDP of a small country. Will they use it wisely…? I shouldn’t think so, they haven’t done since 1948.

Finally made some biccies yesterday because I knew I could get some more flour. They weren't bad but would have been better if I’d had plain flour. I had half the ingredients measured out when I realised I only had SR flour. Duh..! Well, they weren’t a disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment