Search This Blog

Saturday 16 May 2020

If only he was a plumber...

It's a shame my son’s not a plumber, a domestic cleaner or even a potential housebuyer; all of those are allowed in your house, apparently… but your adult children are not, according to the Govt. Maybe I should put our house up for sale – my son could come round as a potential buyer!

I wonder how long people will abide by this ridiculous edict. The new advice Boris came up with last weekend is already starting to unravel as it becomes obvious that none of it hangs together. People are going back to work on public transport and certain groups of children will be allowed to go back to school, there’s little point in trying to keep extended families away from each other. Anyone with a modicum of common sense can see that.

Common sense… ah, now there's a thing. None at all to be had at the moment. Rarer than bread flour in Sainsbury’s.

On the subject of common sense, I keep seeing people online discussing the best way to make a facemask; they’re hilarious – they’re so very serious and dedicated to the cause. I find the best way is not to go along with this nonsense and refuse point blank to wear one. I will not go out looking like a bloody bank robber. The more we comply, the further the Govt will push us. Do not submit… Resist, resist!

Next thing you know, they’ll be telling us what time to shower of a morning! Just remember, you heard it here first…

Had a very nice burger for lunch yesterday – no Linda McCartney burgers delivered in my shopping last week, so I improvised with griddled halloumi, a couple of griddled mushrooms, shredded lettuce and red onion and lots of mustard in toasted buns. Bloody lovely.

Lovely lotties

The lotties were looking especially nice when we walked over there on Thursday - the sun was out, it looked like a classic summer's day but there was a bitingly cold wind, the sort that makes your eyes water. I was glad to get back for a warming cuppa.

It might be mid-May and you could be forgiven for thinking it’s late spring/early summer, but the stupid weather we’ve had recently (easterly winds and night frosts) has massacred my little tomato plants. They look so sorry for themselves, poor things, I think the compost bin beckons.

Oh well, there’s always next year…

No comments:

Post a Comment