Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Musings


Well, Boris went back to work yesterday. That’s nice for him and good for the country. I’m pleased he’s well enough to return, but I don’t think it’ll make much difference to the eventual lifting of lockdown. I think we’re all going to have to be patient for a while yet. Sadly, patience is not one of my strong points. 

It’d be easier if I thought they actually had my best interests at heart but, let's be honest, this has damn all to do with my welfare…it’s all about protecting the NHS. Funny that…I thought the NHS was meant to protect me.

Even when the rules start to be a bit less stringent, I’m sure they’ll say over 70s still need to stay at home. Why are we quarantining people who are perfectly well? Quarantine is usually for people who already have an infectious disease.

Given that I don’t have a social life I’m surprised at how hard I’m finding this. Fact is, I’m an old trout who doesn’t like being told what to do, I suppose.

Made some curried fruit chutney yesterday; thankfully it was warm enough to have the kitchen door and window open but the house still pongs of vinegar – since there’s no-one here but us it doesn’t really matter…it’ll pass.

Raining this morning – it’s desperately needed; the garden is so dry you can almost hear the grass and plants slurping it up. Maybe it’ll spur my beetroot seedlings on – they seem a bit reluctant at the moment, although the onions are coming along nicely.

Cauli/broc cheese for dinner today with glazed carrots and possibly some stir-fried cabbage. I’ve got this overwhelming urge to bake something – I rarely bake, lockdown must be affecting me worse than I thought. Might make some biscuits…


No comments:

Post a Comment