Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 April 2020

And still it goes on...


Another week in lockdown begins and my bloody hair looks an absolute sight, as does Mr Simply’s. He’s starting to look like a better-dressed version of Compo from Last of the Summer Wine. I suppose that makes me Nora Batty… now, where can I buy lisle stockings?

I’ve given up watching the news or even reading it very much; I really can’t take the nonsense being pumped out by most news outlets these days.

The news in summary… the Govt is negligent and uncaring, everyone who works for the NHS is a saint, assorted old people are walking with their zimmers to raise money for some reason or another, we’ll all have to wear masks soon (no…not like a bank robber), pop stars are singing in their kitchens, Harry and Meg are still acting like spoilt brats… and anyone over 70 won’t be allowed out until god knows when. I think that's about it.

This is what passes for journalism these days… The news will be the same tomorrow but possibly in a different order.

Also in the news… it's HM the Queen’s birthday today – Happy Birthday Ma’am. 94 years old, and she can’t even have the family round to share her cake. What a bloody life.

It’s my birthday next month and if we’re still under lockdown, I will not be best pleased. I want to go for lunch at The Ivy and I damn well want to see The Troops for cake and hugs. I'm not a woman who takes kindly to being thwarted... you have been warned.

Had a little slice of normality this morning; my window cleaner arrived, bless him! I thought I'd be lucky to see him this side of Christmas so it was a lovely surprise. The Govt seems quite happy for small businesses to go down the pan, as long as their beloved NHS is looked after, so I’m really pleased for him that he’s managing to keep his livelihood going under such difficult circumstances.

I made some broccoli and stilton soup at the weekend, using up the stumpy bits of broc that are left when you cut off the florets. I usually throw them away (call the food waste police immediately!) but I kept a few stumps in the fridge and used them in my usual recipe; it looked and tasted identical! Can’t think why I haven’t done it before – I felt quite virtuous *polishes halo*

No comments:

Post a Comment