Search This Blog

Friday 3 April 2020

It's all going terribly well...


An eventful day, yesterday.

The washing machine died and took out the electricity of the whole ground floor. Great. Long phone call with our lovely friendly workman who's done loads of work for us in the past. He managed to diagnose the problem and talk us through sorting it out. He’s a star – worth his weight in bread pudden.

Electrics back up and running, I ordered a new washing machine online and set about extracting a full dripping load from a useless appliance which we then heaved outside. I am down to my very last nerve and the final shred at the end of my tether. Best to keep out of my way. *aaaand…. breathe*
   
Had a lovely game of Connect 4 with our two grandchildren on Skype – bit surreal, but they seemed to enjoy a break from home-schooling for a little while. Amazing how children adapt so well to change.

Lockdown. Apparently, we have to obey the rules even if the rules are bloody stupid and ill thought out. Is a virus really worth all this? It’s not as though people are dropping down dead in the streets. We lose many more than this from flu in an average winter – without wrecking the economy,  damaging children's education and bringing the country to a standstill. The Gov’t is overreacting – they’re panicked and paralysed by fear… the media is no bloody help, either, constantly manipulating the news and ramping up the hysteria.

Tomorrow’s Waitrose delivery is the last one booked with no more on the horizon for the foreseeable. Just spent a happy (?) half-hour amending my order to get as much as possible delivered before I’m cast adrift and forced to rely on the wonderful farm shop. Waitrose may well see the back of me after this – I’d rather spend my money with a company which actually provides a service. Their delivery drivers are great – their IT, customer service and distribution systems are clearly crap.

Had a dance in the kitchen with Mr Simply last night…well, when I say dance, I mean he swayed a bit in time to the music. He won’t be on Strictly any time soon. He has many excellent qualities and talents. But not dancing.

Cauli/broc cheese for dinner – bloody lovely. Proper comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment