Search This Blog

Friday 26 March 2021

Masks... again

I went to our GPs' surgery yesterday to pick up our usual prescriptions from the pharmacy window. It was a lovely, typical spring day - bright sunshine and a stiff breeze. I joined a socially-distanced queue snaking along the front of the building (no-one allowed inside unless you've been "invited"). I thought it was a surgery not a cocktail party, but be that as it may...  

Thing is, I was the only person in the queue not wearing a mask. The only one. What's the matter with them? Has Covid affected everyone's brain? Are masks a fashion item now?

As we drove through the village the mask situation got worse; we saw a woman wearing one to walk her dog (the dog wasn't masked, although nothing would surprise me any more!) and, as it was the end of the school day, a parade of teenage children walked by - most of them also masked up.

I still can't get my head round it. Why are people so willing to surrender to this idiocy? I will never accept that this is normal behaviour.

A clue to their mindset came when I saw this headline on the BBC today. The media as a whole has been loving the Covid saga - they keep the fear narrative going on a daily basis. People are bombarded with propaganda but does that mean they give up thinking for themselves? Certainly seems to be the case.

The lotties are waking up from the winter; plenty of digging and rotavating going on and we watched a tractor going back and forth in the field that butts onto the lotties this morning. Hard to believe it's twelve months since we were watching all this just as Covid was kicking off last year, but they say time flies when you're enjoying yourself! Chance would be a fine thing - I've almost forgotten what it's like to enjoy myself.

Not long now and we'll need to start our own planting in the garden. Onions first, I think, closely followed by beetroot seeds. And off we go again...

No comments:

Post a Comment