Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 March 2021

365 Days

Happy Anniversary. Ok, maybe not 'happy' but it's definitely an anniversary.

A year since the country went into full lockdown. 

A year since we've been able to behave in any way that's normal. 

A year since our lives changed.

Life has divided into "Before Covid" and "Since Covid".

It's hard to believe we're not really much further forward than we were in March 2020. Despite the so-called vaccine we still have to behave in a way in that's totally alien... wear a mask, use sanitiser if you go outside, maintain social distancing, work from home, don't see your friends or family, don't go to a gym, restaurant or pub, don't go to a hairdresser or beauty salon and don't expect to see a GP if you're ill (you might be able to have a phone call). In short, don't do anything you once thought of as normal.  

I don't know what the Govt agenda is, I'm not sure they know either, but it sure as hell stopped being about a virus a long time ago. It's now all about power and control... it seems as though they are actually trying to sabotage and destroy all the best parts of our lives. What's their aim? God knows.

The propaganda and manipulation is relentless; a disappointingly large number of people are still lapping it up, believing every word, going along with it all. I can't do that. Admittedly, it'd probably be easier for me if I could, but I cannot and will not hand my entire life over to jumped-up Civil Servants who will graciously (or, more likely, grudgingly) give me a very short list of things I'm still allowed to do.

So I sit here and moan while my mental health slowly deteriorates. Believe me, if it was possible to die of resentment, anger and anxiety, I'd already be long gone.

There's a minute's silence at midday apparently, as part of "a national day of reflection". The only thing I'll be reflecting on is the monumental cock-up our politicians have made of handling a virus.

I came across this Shakespeare quote the other day - it seemed to perfectly fit every single one of the idiots elected to Parliament...

"A most notable coward; an infinite and endless liar; an hourly promise breaker; the owner of no one good quality."

All's Well That Ends Well (Act 3, Scene 6)

Now, that is something to reflect on.

No comments:

Post a Comment