Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 February 2022

I absolutely love...

...Novak Djokovic!

He's gone from being someone for whom I've never had a good word and turned into my new hero! I'm not ashamed to say I've done a complete 180 in my opinion of him.

The situation of the last two years needed someone, anyone - high-profile, prominent, with a guaranteed media platform - to take a stand. Finally, it's happened. Step forward, the World No. 1 tennis player.

It's a rare day when I can say I have something in common with one of the best and most famous sports stars in the world... "I was never against vaccination," he told the BBC, confirming that he'd had vaccines as a child, "but I've always supported the freedom to choose what you put in your body."

Unsurprisingly, Novak's being vilified for looking after himself and his health in the way he's chosen, like it isn't his prerogative to do so! He hasn't at any point criticised those who've chosen to have the jab, so why are they criticising him?

I suspect the criticism stems from a lot of people, not just within sport, asking themselves why they didn't go down the same route as him and why they believed what they were told. For two years it's struck me as really odd that those who've always called out politicians for being self-serving liars (which they are...!) suddenly started believing every word uttered by Boris and his pals.

I can only say the weapon of fear is far too powerful to be put into the hands of grubby politicians.

I'll be watching Novak's interview tonight with great interest. It may not be easy to watch but it'll be a breath of fresh air compared to the media blitz of fear and alarm we've been fed since March 2020. 

Let's hope we're finally crawling out of the Covid pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment