Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 December 2021

December 1st

December 1st.

Will Boris allow us to have the Christmas we want? We'll probably find out at the eleventh hour like last year, curse him. Will I adhere to the rules if he pulls the plug again...? Ooh, that'd be telling, wouldn't it!

In an effort to banish the vile mood I've been in for almost as long as I can remember I got my Advent calendar out this morning and stuck it on the dresser with a couple of other cheery items - the countdown to Christmas has begun!

Might have to have a piece of shortbread later - I like a little daily piece of something Christmassy in the run-up to the big day.

Outside lights and the wreath on the front door will be up by the weekend and indoor decorations will follow. Some odd bits of cooking will shortly be taking place; I need to make another batch of Nigella's Chocolate Mint Cookies and a few Mini Cheese and Onion Quiches can be stashed in the freezer if I can find room for them.

Christmas has taken on a massive significance for me this year because of the complete disaster of 2020. I can't do that again... I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment