Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 February 2021

A personal view

I've developed a visceral hatred of all the people who, through Covid, have forced me to put my life on hold. I can never get back the time they've stolen from me... their petty rules and regulations have increasingly made me feel as though I'm drowning. 

Covid has been the gift of a lifetime to the 'scientists' who've been propelled into the spotlight by Boris - fame at last and aren't they loving it? It's all been totally unnecessary and mismanaged from the very beginning - just a power trip for people who have shown themselves to be completely unsuited to govern a country.  Between the lot of them they're not fit to run a whelk stall.

Seeing pictures of Boris standing in the Commons yesterday telling us what we will be 'allowed' to do, when and with whom, just evoked fury in me. The fake concern, wild hair and bumbling, genial persona didn't hide the authoritarianism in every word.

I saw that jumped-up little weasel, Hancock, on Twitter this morning saying we may be 'allowed' to hug from May 17th. Allowed? Allowed to hug my son and grandchildren? Just who the hell does he think he is??!

When all this is over, when Covid is given its rightful place of just being something we live with like all other viruses, I expect they'll be rewarded with peerages and knighthoods. Their wrecking of the fabric of this country will be airbrushed away - but, one day, I hope they get their comeuppance. 

Whatever it is, it will never be enough to undo all the hurt they've inflicted upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment