Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Well, it’s January 2nd and the Festive Season is all over for another year; tree, lights and decorations taken down and packed away, Christmas tablecloths washed and put back in the drawer and festive china returned to the sideboard. All that build-up, excitement and preparation and it seems to have gone by in a flash; the only remaining signs are the pieces of glitter in the sitting room rug which are stubbornly resisting the vacuum cleaner!

We had an absolutely lovely Christmas and New Year’s Day spent with our three favourite people – it was a delight.

I have to say I am completely fooded out – I have had more rich food and treats than anyone should reasonably expect in a lifetime and it didn’t help that it was Mr Simply Veg’s birthday today which always extends the festive season somewhat. Luckily I don’t drink alcohol or there’d be no hope at all for me and my rapidly disappearing waistline! It’ll be austerity measures and a considerably simpler food regime for the next few weeks to give my overworked digestive system a break.

So, in a spirit of getting back to basics, we went for a long walk today despite the rain, and I made some rather nice butternut and carrot soup which I’ll post as soon as I’ve typed it up.

Thank goodness Christmas comes but once a year.

(Whisper it quietly, but I saw Easter Eggs in the supermarket on New Year’s Eve!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment