Search This Blog

Sunday 19 August 2012

New Laptop

You may have noticed that I’ve been a bit quiet lately; my old laptop has died, having succumbed to a horde of marauding Trojans, and I’m manfully (should that be womanfully?) trying to get to grips with the new one. It's all-singing, all-dancing and I absolutely hate it!

Yes, I realise that technology changes and things can’t stay the same forever but why can’t they make the bloody thing a bit more user-friendly? We’re not all 15-year-old techno whizz-kids, picking up every nuance at the drop of a hat, nor do we all have the time and energy to sit around working things out and playing with all the very clever gizmos and gadgets which are no use to me whatsoever.

The worst thing about it is the keyboard – it’s hopeless, I feel like I’m typing with gloves on; it just doesn’t have the same touch sensitivity as my old one. The new ‘improved’ keyboard looks good but I don't think it was meant for anyone to actually use - I'm sure it was very cheap to manufacture; conversely, it was not very cheap to buy. How strange.... Oh, and I liked Windows Vista – although I seem to be the only person in the world who did; Windows 7….pah!

So, bear with me while I get my head around this damn thing and I'll get back to cooking as soon as I can. My next post might be a recipe for 'Boiled Laptop'...!

Can you tell I'm a little stressed...?

No comments:

Post a Comment