Search This Blog

Sunday 26 June 2011

Aubergine, Pepper and Feta Quiche


It’s a hot one here today – 30C – and I’m bad tempered, tired, fed-up and thoroughly brassed-off! I absolutely hate hot weather, but I'm very grateful I live in a country where we only get a few days like this a year.

Nothing too strenuous today, it's too hot for fiddling about; quiche for lunch with a rather nice potato salad, made with the first ones we’ve dug from the garden this year, and a green salad.






a 20cm blind-baked pastry case (I used ready-made pastry)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small aubergine, chopped into 2cm chunks
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, chopped into largish chunks
1 red onion, peeled and cut into eighths through the root
4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
200g feta
3 eggs
250ml milk
½ tsp dried oregano

Preheat the oven to 200C. Put the prepared vegetables, garlic  and olive oil in a large bowl, mix well with your hands and turn the whole lot into a large roasting tin; roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the edges are beginning to char.

Once the veg are cooked, allow to cool then squeeze the garlic out of its papery skin and add it, along with the rest of the veg, to the pastry case; crumble over the feta then strain over the whisked eggs and milk and sprinkle with the dried oregano.

Bake at 200C for about 25 minutes until the top is puffed and golden.

Cool for 15 minutes before eating.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Simple Veggie,
    I just made and ate this quiche. It was lovely, difficult not to eat the whole thing. I left out the peppers as I'm not a fan and roasted a few cherry tomatoes instead. I bravely made the pastry following Delia's online recipe as I'm a novice but didn't know you could buy pastry cases ready made! Now I do. I really like your blog, it's straightforward and easy to follow. I'll definitely be revisiting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - glad you liked it and thanks for the kind comments about the blog.

      Delete