Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Clementine Marmalade

I’ve never made marmalade before because I never really thought it worth the effort; we only eat about two or three jars a year. However, when I saw this recipe it sounded so quick and easy I just had to have a go. It tastes great, very fresh and fruity and it’s a fantastic zingy colour. I can’t take any credit for the recipe, but I’d like to thank one of the members on the BBC food board (sorry, I can't remember who it was - I took a note of the recipe but not the name) for sharing it.

If you’re still thinking of something homemade and foodie to give as pressies this takes about an hour from start to finish, so if you’re up to your ears in Christmas preparations it won’t take up too much of your time.

Lovely with warm croissants and coffee on Christmas morning.


750g Clementines
juice of 2 lemons
1 litre water
750g granulated sugar

Halve the fruit and remove pips.
Chop the fruit finely in a food processor or by hand.
Put the fruit with the water & lemon juice in a saucepan and simmer till the peel is soft - 6 to 10 mins.

Add the sugar and cook at a 'rolling boil' till set point is reached. 20-30 mins.
Put into sterilised jars.

Makes 5 medium sized jam jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment